I’ve been stepping up my work out this summer. And it is kicking my butt. I have yet to master getting up at 6 am to go jogging though haha. I’m so not a morning person and I’d rather have chocolate than workout (shhh don’t tell anyone). It probably doesn’t help that I stay up late hours because it’s true I’m a night owl I’m busted. It’s the only time when it’s totally quiet and I can think, brainstorm and be even more creative. Because by that time my kiddo is usually in bed. And not telling me every hour that he is hungry or he is bored ;).
I’m trying to push myself though to try running in the morning instead of when the sun is setting. Although seeing these cute activewear choices it might be an even bigger incentive for me to try jogging in the mornings. One thing that has for sure always motivated me was clothes hehe. I’m sure I’m not the only girl that is motivated by the same thing but I do feel better admitting it.
Do any of you have a time that you like working out best ? Thanks again for stopping by and reading my blog! Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Happy Wednesday! I wanted to do a special post closing out the month of February. If you were wondering about the Jamberry giveaway the winner was contacted after the giveaway. Sorry things got a little hectic around the Holidays or I would have announced that sooner.
This giveaway you don’t want to miss! I have included a lot of my favorite beauty items and a few extras just because. Any item with a Asterisk next to it is a Shy absolute favorite ;). All the rules and conditions are listed when you click on the Rafflecopter link below. Make sure to tell all your friends about the giveaway since it increases your chances of winning. Thanks for stopping by! I’m so excited to see who the winner is !! GOOD LUCK!
The giveaway includes:
*1 red make-up bag
*1 GalmGlow YouthMud Tinglefoliate Treatment .24 oz
*1 GalmGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment .07 oz
1 Sephora mini eyeshadow Queen for a dat No. 56 .0071 oz
*2 Organic soaps (The heart one and the red swirl made by Rachel Taylor)
*1 Mini Ciate glitter polish Tinsel Town .17 fl oz
*1 Marc Jacobs Lola sample perfume .13 oz
*1 Benefit Mini Watts Up .008 oz
2 Benefit samples of The Porefessional powder
1 Lacome Lip Lover 355 Framboise Etoile – Berry-Pink
*1 Marc Jacobs sample perfume Daisy .04 fl. oz.
1 Lacome Hypnose Drama sample mascara .135 fl. oz
1 Fresh sample Soy Face Cleanser 0.13 fl. oz.
1 Fresh sample Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil
1 Benefit sample Stay Flawless Primer 15 hour
1 Cholé sample perfume .04 fl. oz.
1 Mini Philosophy Love Swept body lotion 1 fl. oz.
*2 Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light samples .03 fl. oz.
I know this is a little late but I strongly believe it’s better late than never ! ha So, as I was putting together this year in review it really surprised me all that I did do last year. I think I should do one of these each year as a reflection of all the adventures and blessings I’ve had! Seriously though it is so easy to forget.
So where do I begin well here goes…
1. We adopted a stray kitten and named him Stitch.
2. My new blog and site relaunched sometime in May. But I started working on the new logo and layout design for months. I had no idea how much work it would be! But I’m glad I was the one with full control of the design direction. I totally learned so much. Not to mention had the coolest web design guy that let me do my thing but helped so much. (I’ve already got an idea for the new design once I hit my goal)
3. Visited one of my best friends in Portland and her new baby. I so love traveling I can’t wait to do more of it. Call me a travel junkie ;). There is something so freeing about it.
4. Work on and finished my first commissioned work over the summer and in Portland.
5. Finally launched my Zazzle store with my illustrations. More to come again soon too eekkk excited !
6. Did my first photo shoot with my very talented friend Jeffrey. I was quite the experience. I was so not use to being in front of the camera so it was kind of weird but fun. But luckily as time goes on I will get use to it even more yay since I plan to do more photo shoots for styled clothing looks.
7 & 8. Colby and I went as Ghostbusters for Halloween! Halloween is always a big deal in our family and every year we pick a different theme and dress around the theme. What was even cooler was getting Ghostbuster donuts from Krispy Kreme! It only seemed natural to get donuts while dressed up in our matching costumes.
9. I graduated and finished my last 1unit class over the summer. Some how my transcripts got lost and my diploma was never filed for delaying that magical paper from being in my hands. But I finally received my diploma in December. After 13 years (who’s counting 😉 ) it really was a dream to get it and close that chapter of my life knowing I finished and earned my Bachelor’s degree.
10. Sitich grew so fast this year and is quite the rascal. I’m sure it has nothing to do with his name ;).
11. Colby is now a teen. Ekkk I have a 13 year old scary !!
12. I was featured on Ruche’s blog, Instagram, and Twitter. It was quite the honor for me and I was completely a giddy little girl when it happened.
13. I experimented with watercolor a lot in 2014. And I found out I really loved it. So, get ready for some more in 2015.
14. Again I was asked to illustrate. This time for a bridal designer who discovered my work on Instagram! Can you say giddy little girl again haha. I was quite excited to work on this commissioned project. If your wondering where you can find these wedding dresses I illustrated check out Dreamers & Lovers but get ready to swoon. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya.
15. Was asked if I could decorate a NYE dance and of course I did! It was a blast and everyone enjoyed themselves and loved the decorations especially the photo booth. I really love decorating because it can really set the mood of an event. I also love helping people feel good and have fun. What more can you ask for than to see people enjoy something you were a part of?
16. 2014 was a great year full of surprises and growth. I’m extremely excited to see what 2015 brings.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Have a wonderful day.
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas with their families, friends, and loved ones! This is my family picture from this year. I know it’s a little late but my computer charger totally died ! I know how crazy. I had to go out and buy a new one yay. At least I was able to get our photo up on Instagram and now up here on my blog.
What’s crazy is I totally love this family picture and I was SO sick in it and so was my photographer. Not to mention I was totally freaking out and so, was my boy leaning against the bushes because I was afraid a spider would jump out at me ( Yes I’m totally a girl bahaha). But who would have guessed being sick and being afraid of the bushes would result in a very nice family photo. Not to mention I went out to a Laker game the night before and cheered my little head off. Sadly they lost but only by one point! I think the ref’s were getting paid under the table because they called so many fouls on my boys (I won’t go into it because I’ll write a novel). I was on the edge of my seat the entire game cheering on the boys too. I was sick when I went to the game too but didn’t feel it when I was there ;). However, oh man the next day I died. I just have to say my photographer friend is truly one amazingly talented guy because like I said he was sick too.
Anyways, my boy and I had an amazing Christmas and I just wanted to say thank you for always coming by and reading my blog. I’m beyond excited to see what this next year brings. We have had an amazingly blessed year. Thanks for letting me share my journey with you!
Photo by Jeffrey Lin